This website (Website) is operated by [EV Range Extender Limited] (the Company or we or us).
Links to other websites
Please note, this Website may contain links to other websites that are not controlled by us. These links are provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for our privacy practices and our security. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website that you visit and each organisation that holds your personal data.
Unless stated otherwise, the Company is the data controller in respect of all personal data collected by us on this Website or otherwise. This means that we are responsible for ensuring that we do so in full compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation , (which came into effect in May 2018), all other related privacy laws and any codes of practice issued by the Information Commissioner.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT and ITS SOURCES
We typically collect the following information:
* Your name and contact details;
* Social media information;
* Details of the goods or services that you have ordered or in which you have expressed an interest;
* Details of any enquiries or requests for information you have made;
* Details of the newsletters you have subscribed to;
* Where relevant, payment card details or other applicable payment information.
We obtain personal data:
* Directly from you, such as when you register for any of our services, send us emails, contribute to our blogs and forums and attend any of our events.
* From social media sites or apps. If your settings and preferences allow, we may obtain information, (including personal data), from social media services, such as Facebook and
* From publicly available sources, such as Companies House.
IP addresses and other device information
In order to understand how users use this Website and our services, we may collect information such as details of the browser you used, your operating system, the website you visited immediately before visiting our website and your Internet Protocol addresses (also known as IP addresses). Your IP address is a unique address that computer devices (such as PCs, tablets and smartphones) use to identify themselves and in order to communicate with other devices in the network.
We use this information to analyse how our site is accessed and used so that we improve our service and make it relevant to you.
In common with many other website operators, we may use standard technology called ‘cookies’ on this Website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate this Website on each visit.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent cookies being stored. With experience, you can usually choose to switch off all cookies or to allow only certain ‘trusted’ sites to place cookies.
For further information on cookies and how to switch them, off see the Information Commissioner’s website at www.ico.org.uk or visit www.allaboutcookies.org/ or www.aboutcookies.org.
PLEASE NOTE, IF YOU DO TURN COOKIES OFF, THIS WILL LIMIT THE SERVICE THAT WE ARE ABLE TO PROVIDE TO YOU AND MAY AFFECT YOUR USER EXPERIENCE
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
* To provide the goods and services you request, (including newsletters) and to communicate with you, in the event that any of them are unavailable, or if there is a query or problem with your request.
* Market research. To carry out market research, so that we can improve the goods and services we offer,
* To create an individual profile about you which includes analysing demographic and geographic information, so that we can enhance your experience and relationship with us, understand and respect your preferences and to provide information and details of other initiatives, where you have agreed to receive them.
Consent and lawful processing of personal data
The legal basis for the collection and use of your personal data, is that you have given your consent and/or that it is in our legitimate interests to do so, in order to communicate news regarding EV Range Extender Limited and news or offers relating to services we provide, that may be of interest to you . Your rights and freedoms are not prejudiced by this.
Disclosing your personal data
We do not sell personal data. It may be necessary to share data with a third party or third-party service provider including but not limited to, contractors, agents or other associated group of companies within or outside of, the European Union (EU). Data sharing may arise due to a legal obligation, as part of the performance of a contract or in situations where there is another legitimate interest (including a legitimate interest of a third party) to do so.
The list below defines, which activities are carried out by third parties on EV Range Extender Limited behalf:
* Pension Providers/Administrators;
* IT Services;
* Legal Advisors;
* Insurance Providers;
* Occupational Health Providers;
* Social Services.
Data may be shared with 3rd Parties in the following circumstances:
* In the process of regular reporting activities;
* In relation to Maintenance and Support of Data Storage;
* To adhere with legal obligations;
* In the process of obtaining advice and help in order to adhere with legal obligations;
Sale or other disposal of our business
If, for any reason, we dispose of any part of our business, we may transfer any records, (which may include your personal data), to the new owner.
INVITATIONS, NEWSLETTERS and OPPORTUNITIES
The Company, our Suppliers and our Partners, would each like to contact you about products, services and a range of other initiatives. You can choose how you receive these on the Website form you complete. Details of how to opt-in to or opt-out of receiving information, are on relevant pages of this Website and/or in the message you receive.
We will usually try to tailor the communications we send to you, so that they are relevant and in line with the preference options you have chosen, which form part of the personal profile we will create about you.
Preferences / Subscribe / Unsubscribe
You can change your mind about whether you wish to receive information at any time and can tell us of your preferences by emailing us at email@example.com, or by following the instructions with each communication you receive.
Please note, it may take up to one month for your changes to be implemented and for communications to cease.
We take the security of personal data seriously. We employ security technology, including firewalls, and encryption to safeguard personal data and have procedures in place to ensure that our systems and databases are protected against unauthorised disclosure, use, loss and damage.
We only use third party service providers where we are satisfied that the security they provide for your personal data is at least as stringent as we use ourselves.
If you would like further information, please contact our Data Protection Officer, Jonathan Quinn, by emailing, firstname.lastname@example.org
We will normally keep your personal data for 5 years after your last interaction with us, or our Website. If we consider that you are no longer an active user of our Website, or our services, we may delete your personal data sooner than this.
We expect to contact you at least every two years to ensure you are still happy to hear from us according to the preferences you have provided to us.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF EUROPE
The Company may transfer personal data to internal or third party recipients located in another country, where that country is recognised as having an adequate level of legal protection for the rights and freedoms of the relevant data subjects. Where transfers need to be made to countries lacking an adequate level of legal protection (i.e. third countries), they must be made in compliance with an approved transfer mechanism. The Company may only transfer personal data, where one of the transfer scenarios list below applies:
* The data subject has given consent to the proposed transfer.
* The transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject.
* The transfer is necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken in response to the data subject’s request.
* The transfer is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded with a third party in the interest of the data subject.
* The transfer is legally required on important public interest grounds.
* The transfer is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
* The transfer is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject.
Privacy laws and practice are constantly developing and we aim to meet high standards. Our policies and procedures are, therefore, under continual review. We may, from time to time, update our Security and Privacy Policies. If we want to make any significant changes in how we will use your personal data, we will contact you directly and, if required, seek your consent.
We will ensure our Website has our most up to date policy and suggest that you check this page periodically to review our latest version.
UPDATING and CORRECTING PERSONAL DATA
You may update or correct your personal data by contacting us (see the section ‘How to contact us’ below). Please include your name and/or email address when you contact us, as this helps us to ensure that we accept amendments only from the correct person.
We encourage you to promptly update your personal data if it changes. If you are providing updates or corrections about another person, we may require you to provide us with proof that you are authorised to provide that information to us.
* You have a number of legal rights in respect of your personal data. These include:
* Access. The right to receive a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. We will require proof of identity and proof of authority, if the request comes from someone other than the person whose data we are asked to provide. This will ensure we only provide information to the correct person. We normally expect to respond to requests within 28 days of receiving them.
* Withdraw consent to direct marketing. You can exercise this right at any time and can update your preferences yourself or ask us to do it for you. See section ‘Updating and correcting your personal data’ above for details.
* Withdraw consent to other processing. Where the only legal basis for our processing your personal data is that we have your consent to do so, you may withdraw your consent to that processing at any time and we will have to stop processing your personal data. Please note, this will only affect a new activity and does not mean that processing carried out before you withdrew your consent is unlawful.
* Rectification. If you consider any of your personal data is inaccurate, you can contact us to update. (see section ‘Updating and correcting your personal data’ above for details).
* Restriction. In limited circumstances, you may be able to require us to restrict our processing of your personal data. For example, if you consider what we hold is inaccurate and we disagree, the processing may be restricted, until the accuracy has been verified.
* Erasure. Where we have no lawful basis for holding onto your personal data, you may ask us to delete it.
* Portability. In limited circumstances, you may be entitled to have the personal data you have provided to us sent electronically to you, for you to provide to another organisation.
* To complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. If you have a concern or complaint we would prefer you to contact us (see the section ‘How to contact us’ below) and we will try to resolve it for you. If you want to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, you can find information on how to do this at ico.org.uk.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Post: [EV Range Extender Limited, Avenue HQ, 17 Mann Island, Liverpool Waterfront, England, UK, L3 1BP]